Top 8 Best Search Engines (of 2022)
Search engines compete to provide the best service to their customers by filtering tons of information available online and getting high accuracy in results, people contribute to the accuracy of results and online searches, although you might think that Google is the only search engine because of which you will You will be surprised to learn that there are other great search engines out there. This article seeks to provide a rating of the 8 best search engines available.
Besides being the most popular search engine covering over 90% of the worldwide market, Google boasts outstanding features that make it the best search engine in the market. It boasts cutting-edge algorithms, easy-to-use interface, and personalized user experience. The platform is renowned for continually updating its search engine results and features to give users the best experience.
- Provides quality search results in their easy-to-use interface
- Updates its results and features regularly
- Has the largest single-catalog of webpages
- The platform catalogs the browsing habits of users and shares information with advertisers
- It delivers too many results to check
Bing has some unique features that may be of interest to users. For starters, search engine filters result in different tabs such as ads, images, maps, videos, and news. It also gives users the opportunity to accumulate points, which they can later redeem at Microsoft and Windows Stores. It also works flawlessly on all browsers.
- Crawls hidden and unhidden content equally
- The search engine ranks home pages, not blogs
- Boasts outstanding video indexing
- Slower results when compared to Google
- Forums are often ranked low in the search results
Although it was once popular than and even went neck-to-neck with Google during its early days, Yahoo has dropped to the third spot in terms of market share. Its web portal is still popular, and it is said to be the eleventh most visited site according to Alexa. Yahoo features an impressive interface, clean results and an impressive catalog of websites.
- comprehensive organic results
- Its shopping search has more features and options than any other search engine
- Boasts other services such as Yahoo Finance, Yahoo mail, Yahoo answers, and several mobile apps
- Unclear labeling of ads make it hard to distinguish between organic and non-organic results
- Undated search results
- Boasts excellent features and high-quality search results
- It’s backed by one of the largest artificial intelligence and internet service companies in the world
- Plenty of advertising options
Highly censored by the government.
The integrity of the search engine has been questioned from time to time
It is a multinational company primarily for Russian and Russian language users, providing 70 Internet-related products and services, including transportation, search services, information, e-commerce, navigation, mobile applications and online advertising. It is the largest technology company in Russia and the second largest Russian-language Internet search engine, with a market share of over 42%.
- Delivers world-class, locally relevant search results
- Its image search option is one-of-a-kind
- Can be customized for different countries
- Provides a Geocoder, Translation, Places, & Static map services.
- Collects user data like most of the other search engines
DuckDuckGo is an internet search engine focused on protecting the privacy of searchers and avoiding the filter bubble for personalized search results. DuckDuckGo differentiates itself from other search engines by not characterizing its users and showing the same search results to all users for a given search term.
- Doesn’t track or catalog user’s information
- Delivers fast results for instant searches
- Features a clean and straightforward interface
- Results are not personalized
- Its delivers limited image search results
Contextual Web Search is a robust API that provides users access to billions of webpages, news, and images with a single API call. The API links you to a search engine that mimics how the human brain indexes memories for more insightful search results. This API uses a combination of user information and their behavior to create a context for personalized searches. It helps you customize your experience and get accurate and relevant search results.
- Delivers fast and accurate results
- Uses contextual technology and underlying semantics to offer a personalized experience
- Provide access to a database with billions of webpages
- The API uses an advanced technology that can be challenging to non-technical users
8. Yippy Search
It was a descriptive search engine that aggregated search results into groups. It was originally developed and released by Vivísimo in 2004 under the name Clusty, before IBM later acquired Vivisimo and Yippy was sold in 2010 to a company now called Yippy, Inc. At that time, the site received 100,000 unique visitors.
- It blocks undesirable websites
- Boasts tons of related topics on the search results screen
- Provides previews on the results screen
It’s hard to turn off the filtering process
It comes with a lot of ads.